Local and State Resources

Information about shelters and housing, food banks, employment, financial assistance and more.

Check on the Status of Your Home

The below links contain the preliminary damage assessment maps for evacuees to check the damage status of their homes.

  • No current evacuation orders.

As of 7:34PM (PDT) on Monday, August 2, 2021

Shelter nameAgencyAddressCityCountyStateZip Code
Springs of Hope Christian Fellowship
Veteran Memorial Hall
First Baptist Church of Weaverville

Red Cross
Red Cross
Red Cross
59 Bell Lane
225 Gay Street
1261 Main Street


Temporary Evacuation Points (TEPs) AddressCityCountyStateZip Code
Etna Fire Hall (8AM-9PM) After Hours Call : (530) 340-3539
Dorris City Hall
400 South Main Street
307 South Main Street

Food Banks

Food Banks throughout California can provide relief to families affected by the wildfires by providing them with emergency food.
Locate a food bank in your area.

CalFRESH Benefits: Are you a CalFresh recipient whose food spoiled due to the power outages? You can request a replacement of your CalFresh Food benefits if your food spoiled due to a power outage. For the extensive power outages that occurred in early October 2019, you have until November 8, 2019 to request the replacement. Contact your local county office for help.

Resource Centers:

Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits:

Those who have lost their jobs or had their hours reduced due to the disasters or related weather conditions are encouraged to apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits. The Governors Emergency Proclamation also provides for the waiver of the usual one-week waiting period which means individuals can be paid benefits for the first week they are unemployed.

Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits


Extensions for Employers to File and Pay Payroll Taxes:

Employers directly affected by the disasters may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For more information about how to request an extension and other employer assistance available, visit Emergency and Disaster Assistance for Employers. You can also learn about assistance available through the Internal Revenue Services Help During Disasters web page.

Requests for Extension to Report and Pay


Worker Safety and Health in Wildfire Regions:

Wildfire smoke and cleanup presents hazards that employers and workers in affected regions must understand. Smoke from wildfires contains chemicals, gases and fine particles that can harm health. Hazards continue even after fires have been extinguished and cleanup work begins. Proper protective equipment and training is required for worker safety in wildfire regions.

Power outages can also present electrical and other hazards for workers. Proper installation and use of generators can prevent electrocution hazards. Workers must also be aware of the potential of electrocution or being injured by moving parts of machinery and other equipment when power is restored. Workers can also face health hazards from working without electricity in unventilated areas because ventilation systems are not working. View additional information in protecting outdoor workers.

File a workplace safety complaint


Protecting Outdoor Workers for Air Quality:

Cal/OSHA has advised employers that steps must be taken to protect workers from harmful exposure if the air quality is unhealthy due to wildfire smoke. Californias protection from wildfire smoke standard applies to workplaces where the Air Quality Index (AQI) for fine particles in the air is 151 or greater and where workers may be exposed to wildfire smoke.

When wildfire smoke affects a worksite, employers must monitor the AQI for particulate matter in the air, known as PM2.5.

View additional information on air quality


Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help low-income households balance their utility bills or avoid disconnection. The program also provides weatherization services to low-income households to lower energy bills and the improve health and safety of homes. To learn if you qualify and apply for services:

Apply for Home Energy Assistance


Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Agencies provide a variety of services to assist low-income households achieve and maintain economic security. Services vary depending on locally determined needs, but can include food banks, employment services, and housing assistance. Services vary by region. To find the local Community Services Block Grant Agency in your area:

Find Assistance


Tax Relief: Individuals or businesses may be eligible for tax relief because of the recent disasters. Please check with the Franchise Tax Board and the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration to see if you are eligible.

Our priority is to ensure all Californians know what types of federal, state, and local disaster assistance services are available to them. Although some of the resources are restricted to individuals or households with lawful immigration status, there are many services available to all Californians who have been impacted by the wildfires. Please visit https://immigrantguide.ca.gov/en/DisasterRelief/ for more information.

In conjunction with the Governors Office of Emergency Services, the DMV helps Californians impacted by natural disasters at temporary local assistance centers. At these centers, the DMV offers limited services to affected residents, who can replace at no cost the following items if lost or damaged due to the disaster: duplicate driver licenses, identification cards, vehicle registration and title, and disabled person parking placards. In addition, they can acquire substitute license plates and stickers, vehicle disposal paperwork, and driver record printouts, as well as initiate a change of address.

Details on assistance centers are released as information becomes available.

Fire victims who need to replace lost or damaged DMV-related documents can do so free of charge at a local DMV field office.

Before visiting a loved one in a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation prison, it is always recommended - in particular during periods of potential power outages - to check CDCRs visiting website in advance. It includes institution-specific information. (Note: When an institution's power from the grid is interrupted, the prison switches to generator power. While that allows critical functions to continue, it is common for services such as visiting to be limited or canceled.)

Impacted Businesses

For those affected by the Public Safety Power Shutoffs, California has a number of options for small businesses looking for assistance to access capital, grow revenues, and manage or improve operations, learn moreabout options for small businesses here. There are also resources on hand as the State continues to deal with destructive wildfires. GO-Biz has dedicated representatives on hand to field general business questions and to assist business owners as they seek to access business recovery resources in light of disaster, learn moreabout business recovery resources here.

Impacted State Parks

For information about possible wildfire and Public Safety Power Shutoffs impacts to California State Parks visit the State Parks incident page

Consumer Alerts

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra has issued a consumer alert reminding all Californians that price gouging during a state of emergency is illegal under Penal Code Section 396. California law generally prohibits charging a price that exceeds, by more than 10 percent, the price of an item before a state or local declaration of emergency. This law applies to those who sell food, emergency supplies, medical supplies, building materials, and gasoline. The law also applies to repair or reconstruction services, emergency cleanup services, transportation, freight and storage services, hotel accommodations, and rental housing. Exceptions to this prohibition exist if, for example, the price of labor, goods, or materials has increased for the business. Victims or witnesses of potential price gouging may file a complaint through the Office of the Attorney General by calling(800) 952-5225, online athttps://www.oag.ca.gov/report, or by contacting their local police department or sheriffs office. Find out more information:https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/pricegougingduringdisasters

Information from the California Department of Education (CDE) on Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) and Wildfire incidents.

Your childs health and safety is a top priority during an unforeseen event such as a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) and/or a wildfire incident. During a PSPS event, the California Department of Education recommends that parents contact their respective schools and expanded and early learning and care programs to consider.

  • Is access to the school and/or expanded and early learning and care site impeded?
  • Will the school and/or expanded and early learning and care program be able to provide adequate supervision?
  • Is backup power available and/or does the site have adequate daylighting?
  • Will the school and/or expanded and early learning and care program have safe drinking water and functioning bathrooms?
  • Can the site maintain fire and life safety via alarms or backup monitoring?
  • Will the school and/or expanded and early learning and care program be able to serve meals?
  • Will the school be able to maintain student support services (e.g., health and counseling)?

For wildfire incidents, if your childrens school and/or expanded and early learning and care program is not directly threatened by a wildfire, the factor of air quality is a primary consideration. You can visit https://airnow.gov to obtain real-time, local air quality conditions. If air quality becomes unsafe or if local regulatory monitors indicate high levels of particulate matter in the air, keep children indoors where the air is filtered.

Information regarding health and the effects of smoke and ash can be found on the website for the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) at https://calepa.ca.gov/disaster/fire/ These up-to-date FAQs and guidance documents contain much of the information that your district and school administrators can use to make safety and clean-up decisions.

For information on disaster assistance and resources in California, please refer to the CDE Disaster Resources web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/di/dr/

Evacuees may have insurance coverage for their recovery expenses. Many homeowners and renters are unaware their policies may include additional living expense coverage, known as ALE. ALE coverage typically includes food and housing costs, furniture rental, relocation and storage, and extra transportation expenses. The California Department of Insurance is urging evacuees to contact their insurer to verify their ALE coverage provision, limits and learn about requirements to use the coverage. Keep all receipts and document the date, time and names of any insurance company employees you speak to regarding your coverage and details of the conversation. Additional resources and information for consumers on wildfires are available from the California Department of Insurance. If you have any questions or need assistance, the California Department of Insurance is here to help. Please call: 1-800-927-4357 or visit www.insurance.ca.gov.